1. Don't fall in love with the car before you've done your homework
2. Let someone else take the depreciation hit (buy at least 2-3 yrs old)
3. Walk around the car and check paint, body panel gaps for evenness, chips, dents, etc.
4. Check maintenance history (any records)
5. Contact the previous owner (get the name from the title)
6. Check fluid condition (oil and transmission fluid should be clean and clear)
7. Test drive the car and listen and feel for noises, vibration, and handling problems
8. Check the price - go to www.nada.com and check the retail price
9. Check the title history using the VIN number at www.carfax.com
10. If all of the above check out, call or email Bay Auto Care for an appointment. We will do a full inspection and
bring up items that need attention - you can use these items to bargain with the dealer/seller.
Courtesy of mondaymorningmechanic.com